We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Risk Manager to join our Risk function based in Lichfield.As part of our busy Risk Team you'll play a key role in providing assurance that all of Police Mutual's businesses are being managed in accordance with the Managing Board's risk appetite.
In this role you will:
- Develop and implement an appropriate Risk programme to ensure that risks are being identified, assessed and managed.
- Maintain and update our overall Operational Risk framework.
- Provide direction and insight, advice and guidance on risk exposures and control design effectiveness.
- Provide root cause analysis of Operational Risk incidents and losses, ensuring that appropriate remedial actions are taken.
- Support the strengthening of our approach to operational risk scenario analysis, reverse stress testing and capital modelling in line with emerging industry practice.
What you will bring:
- You will already be working in a risk management role and have considerable experience in developing and implementing risk management frameworks within the Financial Services (FS) sector.
- Familiarity with the challenges of working within a FS sector risk team, have a good understanding of the Solvency II regime in particular, alongside a more general appreciation of overall insurance sector regulation.
- Strong communication and relationship building capabilities, allowing you to create and maintain effective business relationships on various levels.
- A strong understanding of risk disciplines and risk assessment techniques, ideally supplemented by a relevant professional or technical qualification.
- A genuine flexibility and a passion to develop both your professional knowledge and practical experience within the risk arena.
We provide a great working environment together with a fantastic Employee Benefits package including; a competitive salary complemented by 27 days holiday (this increases with service) plus bank holidays; life assurance; private healthcare PLUS flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, discounts on financial products and consumer goods.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this challenging and rewarding role, then please apply now!