Residential Support Worker
Would you like to work for a company that offers full training, promotes independence and diversity?
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Residential Support Worker where you will work in large highly reputable organisation based in the Shrewsbury area. The company supports a client base for children with learning disabilities, autistic disorders and Aspergers.
You don't need to have experience as an extensive training package is on offer along with a competitive salary and provides progression.
You can earn a salary starting from GBP16,475 rising to GBP17,244 (dependant Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare), Plus a minimum of GBP2000 per annum for sleep in duties.
This is a full time, permanent vacancy, whereby if you are successful you will be employed directly by the business.
Responsibilities of Residential Support Worker :
• You will contribute to the effective implementation of individual programmes by supporting learning, independence and experiences.
• Assisting with the completion of care plans, risk assessments, incident reports and daily reports
• Supporting clients with challenging behaviour and adopting de-escalation techniques
• You will support clients with in house and external activities
• Promote strong communication with both clients and staff team to ensure handover are accurate and factual
• You will build and maintain professional relationships with clients, family and external healthcare and educational professionals adhering to company policies and procedures
Person Specification for Residential Support Worker :
• Due to the location of the business, shift patterns and commuting clients you must hold a full driving licence.
• You should be flexible with shift patterns
• You must be confident and competent when support clients with challenging behaviour
• Experience within a Health and Social Care would be advantageous but not essential
• All applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and 5 years referencing
• Competitive salary
• Childcare Vouchers
• Bike to work scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to yourself please apply immediately or call Matt Grech on , alternatively email