Warehouse Assistant and delivery driver
Following a successful 3-month trial period this will be a permanent role as Warehouse and Delivery Driver, for a minimum of 42.5 hours per week. Hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm, with some Saturdays as overtime as and when required.
We are a busy online retailer of home furnishings, selling mainly to the UK and Europe. We also have a large showroom, which is open to the public 6 days a week. Our customer base of both retail and commercial clients is expanding quickly, and we are looking for a well-organised and motivated individual to join our friendly team.
Duties to include
- Packing and wrapping and dispatch of parcels via post, couriers and to individual customers.
- Keeping the warehouse in good organisational order and maintaining and updating the stock on hand.
- Polishing, stripping and minor restoration of items of furniture (training will be given)
- Delivering our products to customers in a polite and courteous manner ( as either 1 or 2 man team). There may be early starts needed for this and overtime will be paid.
- Replenishing of stock from warehouse to showroom.
- Unloading of containers as they arrive.
The person needs to be a committed team player with the eagerness to learn and a willingness to work hard. The successful candidate needs good organisational skills and a can do approach. Previous experience is essential for both elements of the role. Full and clean Driving Licence is also essential.