Senior Media Sales Executive
Senior Media Sales Executive - Hereford
Salary GBP23,000 + Commission
Superb benefits include: Everything you would expect from a forward thinking company plus on-site gym, pub restaurant, discounted wines and genuinely vibrant social programme!!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Media Sales Executive to establish, maintain and develop excellent customer relationships and provide a high standard of customer service via telephone, letters, email and by attending conferences/exhibitions.
You will also identify, canvass, prospect and make effective contact with new businesses from the competition and other sources as well as being responsible for exceeding agreed sales targets by sustaining the existing business with customers and identifying new sales opportunities in order to grow revenue.
- Convert irregular business to regular series advertising, work with editorial to coordinate feature selling and cross sell clients into portfolio products
- Provide detailed information and reporting to Finance to enable the preparation of sales invoices
- Responsible for loading all online advertisements using Google Ad Manager and to provide statistical data to clients
- Promote and represent products at external events, selling the product and its culture
- Assist with the planning and preparation for external events
- Responsible for managing individual client category/territory to include; account managing where necessary, knowledge of marketing spend and activity and revenue growth year on year
- Establish effective working relationships with various departments including; production, editorial, accounts and marketing
- Carry out regular market research exercises in order to gain a thorough understanding of the customer and their needs
- Prepare sales proposals and occasionally PowerPoint sales presentations, which effectively sell the features, advantages and benefits of our products and meet the needs of the customer
- Ensure adequate preparation has been made for each sales call and that you are fully equipped at all times with up to date media information, sales figures, process and schedule
- Responsible for ensuring that advertiser art work has been received in accordance with the deadlines and that payments have been processed on time, following company policy
- Ensure that all sales and productivity reports are completed accurately and handed in on time and regularly report to the Publisher on revenue progress
- Responsible for advertising sales administration and ensuring that all records and reports (manual or electronic on Salesforce) are kept up-to-date and accurate
- GCSE level education or equivalent
- Previous demonstrable media sales experience
- Evidence of strong sales skills/process, communication, influencing and presentation skills
- Experience of achieving challenging sales targets, revenue and call targets
- Excellent and confident telephone skills
- Persuasive and influencing skills
- Ability to negotiate confidently
- Good level of numeracy skills and ability to create quotes
- High attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- The ability to attend conferences, exhibitions, seminars, networking events outside of working hour
GB Solutions are a leading employment agency for jobs in Gloucestershire and beyond. As a member of the REC we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for candidates and clients.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.