Purchase Ledger Clerk
Here at First Utility we want to make a difference. We are changing the face of the energy industry by campaigning for more transparency, better communication and a speedier switching process. Through pioneering technology and sharing our knowledge, we put our customers firmly in control of their energy, so they can spend less on what they need and more on what they want.
We are proud to deliver award winning service and as we continue to challenge the industry, our talented people are integral to our journey; our people make that difference. As we continue to grow our Team and expand our service offering, we now have office locations in Warwick, Coventry, London, Krakow and Hamburg.
We're looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join our Finance Team to help us continue to make that difference.
How the role fits in
The key objectives of this role will be to support the Finance Team to process supplier invoices and payments, purchase orders and employee expenses in an effective and timely manner.
You will be enjoy working in a fast paced environment and be a great communicator, developing positive relationships with other areas around the business.
The role day to day
- Process and gain relevant approval for purchase orders, communicating any issues to the requester
- Set up new supplier and employee accounts with correct coding and payment information
- Input and gain relevant approval (including matching to purchase order) for invoices from general suppliers, commissions and employee expenses
- Management of invoices
- Code invoices and employee expenses
- Undertake statement reconciliations for suppliers and complete any actions to resolve issues
- Assist the Purchase Ledger Manager with investigating any odd or unusual items on monthly Aged Creditors report
- Use appropriate control tools to enable the effective monitoring of invoices for cash flow purposes, reporting on invoices awaiting approval or in dispute and also on unauthorised expenditure
- Communicate with suppliers and colleagues by email and telephone and respond to their queries in a timely and professional manner
- Any other duties as required
What you'll need to help you make the best of the role
- A proven track record in a similar position
- Prior experience of processing large volumes of data/invoices
- Be computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- The ability to maintain attention to detail within a fast paced environment
- A high level of written and oral communication skills
- Works well within a team
- Well organised and able to effectively manage own time and work load
- Must be committed, self-motivated and hardworking
The 'nice to haves'
- Experience using Access Dimensions
- Exposure to the Utilities industry
What you'll get in return
Our people are our business, so our mind-set is people first. Spending much of your time at work, we know it's not just about a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary - the work space, relaxation areas and coffee matter too!
First Perks is our benefits portal where you can access BUPA Private Healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, our staff tariffs and exclusive savings and discounts from nearly 900 retailers - including holiday deals to help you make the best of your 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays). First Perks features discounts for many of the biggest brands - from Lastminute.com to Amazon, from John Lewis to Tesco; there is something for everyone.
We're proud to support our charity partner the NSPCC and offer regular fundraising events from bake-offs to London Marathon entries. Our teams enjoy quarterly socials, some more adventurous than others! One tradition we've held on to as we've grown is "Fruity Friday" - heaps of free fresh fruit for all, every Friday.
So if you like the fast pace of an evolving business, feel it's important to reach your full potential and enjoy your time at work, then a career with us could be your next move.