Graduate Associate Buyer
National Grid via Pontoon's Next Generation
Salary GBP25k plus 5% bonus & benefits
Initial 3-month contract to be extended to perm
Who we are
At National Grid, we don't just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. Accredited training programmes and personal development courses are a part of life here. We value and encourage diversity of thought, whatever your background. By creating an inclusive, switched-on workforce, we drive performance and deliver excellence. Which is exactly what we need to achieve our vision of creating sustainable energy solutions, for today and tomorrow.
As an Associate Buyer you will be part of a team responsible for strategic procurement operations within the business area that you are aligned to. The role will assist Buyers/Senior Buyers and/or the Category Manager in the delivery of Category Strategies identifying future commercial opportunities and direction. This will involve engaging and building strong working relationships with stakeholders to identify business needs and then ensuring we understand the supply chains so we can offer the best solutions for NG.
Knowledge, Experience & Technical Know How
* Good commercial acumen; at least 6 months experience in a commercial and/or procurement role would be preferable, or able to demonstrate an aspiration to embark on a Procurement career
* Excellent analytical and numeracy skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with peers and management
* Able to understand, manage and present complex data to support informed business decisions
* Able to work within multi-disciplinary teams
* Able to identify and implement process improvements
* Evidence of managing multiple items of work and consistently delivering outstanding results
Desirable, but not essential experience:
* Experience of running a competitive tender process
* A basic understanding of contract law, and the ability to make recommendations and amendments to existing contracts
* A basic understanding of contract management principles
* A basic understanding of EU and utility procurement directives
* Understanding of/exposure to the products and services of the category
What we can offer you
Working in partnership with our client, Next Generation will employ you for an initial 3 month period and will ensure you have all you need to develop into your role.
We will monitor your performance and training jointly with your line manager and client to ensure you are developing and growing in order to fulfil the responsibilities of an Associate Buyer.
The performance management process will enable us to identify any knowledge gaps and training will be provided to enable you to fulfil your role.
As a Next Generation employee you will receive the following:
* Benefits Package
* Reward & Recognition
* Next Generation Incentives
* Care Programme
* Development and Training Framework
For more information and to apply please submit your CV!