Logistics & Industry Fitter
I am currently working with a client who is a leading manufacturer based in Coventry. They are currently looking to recruit a MIG Welder to be a Logistics & Industry Fitter.
This is a full time, permanent role - 48 hours per week, 12 hours per day, 4 days per week between Mon - Fri.
Occasionally, if successful you may have to cover an area which the Client deems to be too far from home to return. If this is the case, a hotel stay and meal allowance is all paid for by the company.
MIG Welding experience is essential.
This role will involve working outside, and although based in Coventry, this role will involve travelling around the Midlands - therefore a van and all tools required are provided by the Client.
As a Logistics & Industry Fitter, your main responsibilities would include:
- Assisting the successful completion of any reasonable requests made by the Service Office / Line Manager
- Fitting and stripping retail equipment components
- Straightening and welding retail equipment components to the required standard and carrying out general maintenance duties across various sites.
- Carrying out special assembly works within the service sector and carrying out reactive maintenance and preventative inspections/testing on electro-mechanical equipment
- Working to the agreed service level agreements to complete any work to the standard expected
- Completing end of job reports, time sheets and ensuring accurate information is provided regarding work activities
- Monitoring and evaluating the service to the customer and taking any appropriate actions to resolve any issues
- Utilising the Company's Service Management System and completing daily records - including daily vehicle checks
- Being responsible for your Health and Safety and the safety of others working with you or anyone else within the vicinity - raising any concerns and following Safe Operating Procedures, reporting any accidents or near misses
- Attending all relevant training sessions and offering full assistance to the Company where possible
For any more information regarding this role, please call the Cordant People Rugby branch on and ask for Sophie
Cordant People are an Equal Opportunities Employer