Pipette Service Technician
An excellent opportunity has arisen within our client's new Pipette Services Centre based in the East Midlands. Reporting to the Pipette Service Centre Supervisor, this role is responsible for providing efficient repair and recalibration of liquid handling products.
Our client is a global organisation, specialising in the scientific and engineering sector. They are seeking well organised, self-motivated individuals who are able to work on their own initiative and have excellent interpersonal skills. Although no previous experience is necessary as training will be provided, an understanding of ISO, UKAS and COSHH standards would be an advantage.
- The repair, service and calibration of pipettes, which are sent to the Pipette Service Centre
- Calibration of balances at defined intervals
- The successful completion of annual competency tests
- To assist in maintaining stock levels of Liquid Handling Pipette spares
- Adhere to customer specific site regulations and required quality systems (ISO, UKAS, GxP, etc)
- Actively support of other departments within the company, ensuring team spirit is observed
- Previous experience in a similar role as a Service Technician / Engineer is desired but not essential
- An understanding of ISO, UKAS and COSHH standards would be an advantage
- IT literate (Use of Collaboration tools, MS Excel and MS Outlook would be beneficial)
- Manual Dexterity
- Good relationship building and customer facing skills
- Pro-active and takes ownership
- Strong verbal and numerical skills
- Flexible to support overtime during high demand
- Logic and problem-solving skills
Working at the East Midlands office:
Our client's site currently has a 100 employees and growing! This allows you not just to be a number within a large global organisation. The environment allows you to engage with employees at all levels and develop your career across the business.