Multi Skilled Engineer Electrical bias
Permanent Multi Skilled Engineer (Electrical bias) G4SFM HMP Ryehill
The company G4S FM specialises in integrated hard and soft facilities management and specialist support services for secure and critical environments
We design and operate facilities and provide management services to both the public and private sector.
We provide and manage people, premises, vehicles and equipment to support the efficient delivery of our customer's core business activities. We provide innovative, reliable and flexible services that ensure the whole life operability of facilities.
G4S have been established for over 100 years, operate in 120 countries, globally and employ 618K people. The opportunities for development and growth within such a vast company are extraordinary.
G4S based at HMP Rye Hill, Rugby is currently recruiting a Multi-Skilled Engineer with and Electrical bias. Must have 17th Edition and be fully qualified and experienced within an electrical engineering discipline. Experience of building and facilities maintenance is also essential.
As directed, to maintain and repair assets, building fabric, services and estate that are the responsibility of Care & Justice HMP Rye Hill
- Operate within planned maintenance procedures for assets etc, effectively and safely within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
- Deal effectively and safely with breakdowns and damage to assets etc. within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience as required and by out of hours response where necessary.
- Write up maintenance reports and technical procedures for Building Maintenance Activities.
- Assist in the training and development of other maintenance/technical staff involved in site maintenance activities.
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various types of heating, water, ventilation, electrical, mechanical and security etc. equipment and services on site, where necessary and within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience
- Diagnosing faults on all Mechanical & Electrical support systems and rectifying where necessary and within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
- Following detailed drawings and operational maintenance manuals in order to carry out all planned maintenance, routine inspections and reactive repairs.
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various assets, building fabric throughout the prison estate, e.g. furniture, internal /external fixtures and fittings, grounds, access and car parking, etc.
- Assisting in the development of maintenance routines, procedures, risk assessments, preparing and maintaining relevant technical records.
- Working with other craft qualified, semi-skilled and non-skilled maintenance staff to develop cross-skilling and cover all levels and aspects of maintenance activities on a team work basis.
- Participate in emergency call out arrangements and provide cover where necessary during sickness absence periods.
- Carry out maintenance activities to assist in project and improvement development works, offering alternatives to improve the effectiveness of the operation of the site, review current legislation / regulations within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should have the ability to follow instructions, effective communication and customer care skills with good interpersonal skills, high standards of personal hygiene, ability to work independently and as part of a team experience, and must be reliable and committed to the role.Key Skills Essential
- Fully qualified and experienced electrical engineer or mechanical engineer with electrical training
- Experience of building and facilities maintenance
- High level specialisms such as gas fitting or CCTV Technology
- Full, clean driving license