Environmental Compliance Officer
A bit about us
AO Recycling are a rapidly growing business that specialise in the recycling of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment.
Based in Telford they are a very exciting and enthusiastic company that like to think big. With this they drive high expectations and targets to ensure lasting happiness for their customers. The successful candidate will be joining a growing business with influential support from companies who partner this project like ourselves, giving them the backing to be exceptional in the moments that matter.
More about the role
As our Environmental Compliance Officer, you will be responsible for Helping to Drive compliance initiatives across the all areas of the business. As a waste electrical recycler dealing with both hazardous and non-hazardous waste, the level of Environmental risk in high so compliance in this area is crucial to the business. Exciting times ahead for AO Recycling! The Environmental Compliance Officer role provides a great opportunity for someone keen to join a growing team in the recycling sector and continue to develop their existing skill set.
Here's what you can expect to be doing as our Environmental Compliance Officer
- Ensuring Incidents are reported and investigated
- Production of Key Performance Indicators
- Helping to Drive Environmental, Initiatives across all areas of the business
- Auditing, analysing and reporting environmental issues to Head of Technical Compliance.
- Ensuring staff are following the correct environmental procedures
- Communications with Stake Holders
- Creation and implementation of new modified company procedures and processes ensuring compliance with legislation;
- Keeping up to date with UK, EU and international regulation and legislation;
- Promoting and raising awareness, at all levels of the organization, of the impact of Environmental;
- Developing and improving current management systems;
- Helping to train staff at all levels in Environmental, Health and Safety issues and responsibilities within their job roles;
- Being involved in setting targets, and developing plans to meet those targets and oversee their delivery.
- Providing cover for the Head of Technical Compliance.
A few things about you
As our Environmental Compliance Officer you will have the following skills and experience:
- WAMITAB level 3 or above and Certificate of continued competence required
- CIWM - Desirable
- GCSE Maths
- GCSE English
- Proficient with Word and Excel
- Able to Manage Projects
- Methodical and precise in nature with good attention to detail.
- Show initiative to recognize emerging problems and pro-actively develop solutions;
Great people deserve great things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.
For your chance to join our AO family and be part of our future as a Environmental Compliance Officer apply now!