Support Worker / Care Assistant (Nights)
Options Malvern View (Adult Autism Service) are recruiting for a Night Care Assistant / Support Worker based in Hanley Castle, near Worcester. Working in a specialist residential care setting, the position of Night Care Assistant/Support Worker is within commuting distance of Malvern, Upton On Severn, Stourport, Pershore, Ledbury, Bromyard, Tewkesbury, Droitwich, Bromsgrove and parts of Birmingham. Salary GBP17,440.80 p.a. (rising to GBP18,111.60 after successful completion of qualification)
Options Group and Hillcrest Children's services form part of Outcomes First Group who employ c2000 staff at locations throughout the UK and provide a range of care and education services to children and adults with autism, complex needs and behavioural, emotional and social difficulties. Due to the breadth of our services we are able to adapt to the needs of the individual at different points in time. This enables us to provide a range of care options within a journey of support for our children, young people and adult and their families. We share every step of that journey with them.
Have you thought about a career in Care? Would you like to receive full training and support?
NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE NECESSARY AS FULL TRAINING IS PROVIDED
Providing care to adults with autism, Asperger's Syndrome and associated difficulties, the role of Care Assistant/Support Worker focuses on developing independent living skills. Your duties would include:
- Supporting learning experiences at home and the wider community
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Encouraging participation in daily tasks
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour
- Be willing to train to Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults) - funded by Options
- Keen to work with young people and adults with autism and associated difficulties
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
- Ideally hold a valid UK driving licence or have transport to and from work
If you are a caring and compassionate individual, looking to start a new career as Night Care Assistant/Support Worker, please apply immediately. In return we offer a salary cGBP17,440.80 p.a., career progression and an excellent benefits package, to include: Pension, Company Sick Pay, Employee Assistance Programme, Childcare Voucher Scheme and Retail Discount Packages.
"Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment"