Purpose of Role
At the core of our civil engineering capability is our commitment to delivering innovative solutions to complex problems through the expertise and talent of our people.
Carillion Civil Engineering are currently undertaking the A50 Growth Corridor at Uttoxeter for Staffordshire CC. The project runs until December 2018 and is valued at GBP28m. There is also a very promising future workload that will create opportunties for motivated individuals.
A Quantity Surveyor is required to join the existing commercial team to manage the Road Works section and report to the Senior QS for the scheme.
What we are looking for
The candidate must have Highways / Hevay Civil Engineering experience.
In addition the candidate must have a good knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts.
You will be responsible for assisting in the effective commercial practices within a project ensuring:
- Information is available for timely and accurate applications for payment.
- Adherence to Risk Management processes and procedures
- Drafting of contractual correspondence
- Preparation of accurate and prudent cost /value analysis
- Budget preparation
- Interim and Final account measurement
- site measurement and drawing take off
- Pricing and Rating variations and compensation events
- Interim payment and final account agreement of sub-contracts
- Ensuring good quality and accurate records are kept
- Maintenance of cost information.
- Verification and agreement of Sundry Accounts
- To assist in the production of Project Procurement Strategy Documentation
- To assist in the production of Project Value Enhancement Plans
- Competitive salary
- Company vehicle & fuel card
- 26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidayswith the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
- BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family)
- Pension Plan
- Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands