Industrial Engineer / Continuous Improvement Engineer
Role: Industrial Engineer
Salary: GBP32,000 - GBP40,000 + Benefits
Due to continued success, a leading tier 1 supplier in to the automotive industry based in Coventry is looking for an Industrial Engineer to join their talented team.
The responsibilities of the Industrial Engineer are as follows:
- Maintain and improve the products and work systems of a specific group of customer
- Determine and plan work stations and processes / process improvements using appropriate planning instruments to produce optimum layout
- Establish, introduce, improve and enforce MTM standard times
- Design safe / stable and cost optimised assembly and logistics processes including poka yoke
- Maintain basic data, FMEAs, control modifications
- Facilitate and drive continuous improvement activities in line with business targets and objectives eg. Kaizen workshops, manufacturing and logistics rationalisations
- Monitor and improve OEE. Ensuring machine availability
- Contribute to the introduction of new products and equipment by understanding and influencing decisions reached by Customer teams
- Layout management for their manufacturing team
- Investigate and implement robust solutions using problem solving techniques
The successful Industrial Engineer will have the following skills/experience:
- Educated to HNC level in an engineering discipline / equivalent experience
- Experience in planning, design, standardisation and continuous improvement of overall processes within production, particularly laser and/or MAG welding and robotics
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing company, preferably automotive
As the successful Industrial Engineer, you will join a leading Automotive engineering company, you will benefit from a competitive package and excellent career prospects. If you're passionate about continuous improvement then apply now.
Please forward your most up-to-date CV together with salary details quoting ref 11795/DS or by calling Dan Smith on .
3DOM Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, 3DOM Recruitment Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable.