Transport Data Analyst
Robertson Recruitment have been appointed to recruit a Transport Data Analyst to join the Transport department of a dynamic Logistics company. This role requires someone who has solid experience in transport, who can effectively analyse operations and present to customers their findings and cost savings. This logistics company provide a range of flexible solutions to businesses nationwide that improve the cost and efficiency of their distribution.
You will be reporting to the Senior Analyst, this role is varied and features aspects of analysis and solutions design along with ongoing monitoring of operations aiding development of company systems.
Experience and knowledge of the transport and logistics industry is essential as is commercial exposure to transport operations. Ideally experienced in forecasting, data analysis, Tenders and or a Transport Manager role.
- Provide a consultative approach to findings
- Responsible for responding to customer requests for information (RFI/PQQ) and invitations to tender (ITT/RFQ/RFP)
- Provide solution documents and commercial proposals, project evaluations, costings and prepare presentations
- Support in the analysis of potential customers logistics operations
- Face to face customer meetings and presentations
- Modelling and optimisation of distribution operations through scheduling and route planning software
- Statistical analysis through MS office (Advanced Excel)
- Production of internal and external KPIs
- Monitoring of industry regulations
- Development, upkeep and monitoring of company scheduling systems
- Communicating with all areas of the business and external suppliers
- Supporting project work
- Recognising opportunities for continuous improvement
- Good transport industry knowledge
- Optimisation software expertise ie. Paragon/DPS Logix,
- Outstanding numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level of competence with MS Excel, Access, Powerpoint
- Strong communicator
- Positive outlook
- Ability to forge strong working relationships with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
- Good presentation skills
- Graduate calibre candidate
- Driving licence
- Rewarding salary - from GBP30,000 - GBP35,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- Up to 30 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Good work / life balance (Mon-Fri 0900-1700)
- Fantastic location and modern working environment
- Family run company with friendly culture and values
- Pension scheme
- Chance to build own team
- Structured training and development
- Free parking
This role would suit a senior transport professional with a management background or a skilled transport analyst that is qualified in a Transport Management/ Logistics Management discipline. With an awareness of topical transport, traffic and haulage issues. You will possess a high degree of discipline together with a strong character and solid business acumen for this challenging, yet rewarding role.
If you would like to work for a company that has seen year on year growth and be an instrumental part of its continued success then please apply TODAY!
*** DATA ANALYST , TRANSPORT ANALYST , DESIGN ANALYST , SOLUTIONS DESIGN ANALYST , TRANSPORT, LOGISTICS , TRANSPORT PLANNING, TRANSPORT SOLUTIONS DESIGN MANAGER , TRANSPORT MANAGER , FORECASTING , REDDITCH , SOLIHULL , COVENTRY , BIRMINGHAM***