Technical Quotes Advisor
Responsible for quotes in accordance with the customer's requests. Primarily responsible for preparing material portion of quotes using current pricing, including calculating excess charges based on minimum and maximum buys. Able to calculate labour portion of quotes. Analyse bills of material, specifications, proposals, and documentation to complete quote packages, utilising standard quotes models and forms.
My client is well established national facilities and project management contractor, specialising in service, installation and remedial works for HVAC, Refrigeration, Air Conditioning, Gas and Electrical.
They employ over 130 highly skilled, field based engineers offering reactive and planned maintenance services. They offer FM building works (including TR19 compliance) and new installations and offer full in house project management.
The Head Office based in Kidderminster gives quick and easy access to the UK's central road and motorway networks
- Set up quote into standard quote templates using the procedures and systems agreed.
- Ensure that all quotation information is accurately gathered and compiled prior to submission.
- Identify and work to resolve problems that develop, escalating problems encountered to Service Desk Supervisor in a timely manner when necessary, with recommendation for solutions.
- Serve as point of contact for all activities in area of responsibility.
- Act as an advocate by building a rapport with all suppliers to enable to provide accurate quotations
- Ensure all in house systems are kept up to date and accurate at all times.
- Make sure all purchase orders raised are correctly and accurately logged on internal and external systems as required as per the Purchase Order policy and procedure
- Ensure purchase order pathway is kept updated with Estimated time of Arrival (ETA), Proof of Deliveries (POD) and any other relevant essential information.
- Interact and interface with suppliers.
- Producing quotations for installations and complex repairs.
- Act as a go between with members of Planning/Parts: checking correct engineer allocation/skill set.
- Provide reporting to Department Managers on engineer updates, efficiency and accuracy of quotations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills needed.
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel skills; must be able to navigate the Internet efficiently
- Professional attitude and demeanour; problem- solving and prioritization skills.
- Experience dealing with customers including quoting, order processing and tracking delivery and quality performance.
- Able to communicate effectively with different stakeholders.
- Be experienced in a technical sector preferably from a Commercial or Mechanical background
- Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams, install instructions, building plans, duct layout and technical specifications and schematics.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple quotations whilst maintaining accuracy and efficiency to meet deadlines.
This role is being offered on a permanent basis with a salary ranging from GBP18,000 to GBP23,000 per annum plus company benefits.