Investment Analyst - FIA Qualified
Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated pensions advice. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well trained employees who enjoy working in a closely knit and friendly organisation. Our growth has been significant since our creation in 1989. We aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham's values.
The Investment Consulting Practice Area provides investment consultancy services to the pension schemes of UK companies and to some other clients such as charities. Barnett Waddingham is committed to providing the best possible service to all of its clients and to achieve this service we need talented, motivated and enthusiastic people. We are pleased to advise that we are now seeking to extend our team with the appointment of an Investment Analyst who is progressing through the actuarial or CFA exams.
The role typically reports to a Team Leader or Partner and involves working closely with all team members, including the Partners.
- Preparing investment performance reports.
- Drafting investment advice.
- Assisting with investment manager research.
- Calculating liability projections and analyzing actuarial valuation results and cashflow projections.
- Miscellaneous actuarial calculations.
- Checking work of others and helping more recent new graduates/colleagues.
- Training and developing junior members of the team.
- General consultancy, dealing with clients', and third party, telephone queries and day to day correspondence.
- Client management, taking responsibility for allocation and completion of work, and meeting deadlines, working directly with senior members of the client teams.
- Attending client meetings and taking an active role where applicable.
- Accurate and timely completion of Taskstream, and preparing preliminary invoices.
- Completing the actuarial exams as required by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries to become a qualified Actuary or completing the Chartered Financial Analyst exams.
- Knowing which regulations or guidance with which each piece of work must comply, and arranging peer reviews by appropriately qualified persons as necessary.
- Researching new and/or technical topics and reporting back to the team.
- Any other reasonable task as advised from time-to-time
- 3-5 years' relevant experience
- Needs DB pension investment experience, either in an investment consulting or trustee consulting role
- Strong technical skills
- Ideally newly qualified (ideally FIA but if CFA you must have prior DB pensions investment experience in a relevant role)