Health & Safety Advisor (Behavioural)
Health & Safety Advisor (Behavioural)
Location: Rugby or Salford
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Construction & Infrastructure business for an ambitious and talented Health & Safety Advisor (Behavioural).
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated SHEQ professionals.
We are looking for a Health & Safety Advisor (Behavioural) who has a wealth of knowledge in Behavioural Change techniques and training experience.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment. The role will consist of providing subject matter expertise and direction ensuring the continuous improvement to safety, health and environmental (SHE) performance.
As a Health & Safety Advisor (Behavioural) you will:
- Ensure compliance with SHE legislation, industry and Morgan Sindall standards
- Provide advice and support management teams, employees and those working with us supporting our 100% Safe value and our Perfect Delivery philosophy
- Carry out duties set out in the Morgan Sindall SHE policy and procedures
- Report accurately and effectively on SHE matters
- Support and advise all Morgan Sindall management, staff, and those working with us, in regards our action/improvement plans and measures for minimising risk
- Carry out appropriate monitoring at work locations
- Liaise with regulatory authorities and professional bodies
- Ensure compliance with Morgan Sindall IMS management system and associated arrangements
- Contribute to the development of the SHEQ strategy and management system including review and feedback on improvements
- Understand the importance of communicating safety, health, environmental and quality issues with management teams and individuals and act accordingly
- Compile and analyse local SHE statistical information and support the development of action and improvement plans
- Monitor the SHE competencies of all staff and provide advice on any shortfalls
- Communicate effectively and regularly with other SHE staff, directors and their teams regarding all SHE matters
- Carry out SHE training in line with Morgan Sindall requirements and employee needs
- Share learning and good practices both locally, regionally and across Morgan Sindall
- Maintain personal professional development regarding SHE legislation, technology and industry best practices
- Be supportive of a team-work approach to encourage cooperative working by being open and honest
- Look for opportunities and give recognition where it is due
- Constructively challenge and intervene where our 'safe' value is being compromised
- Create and maintain good relationships with regulatory authorities and other stakeholders
- Participate in the promotion of SHE programmes and schemes that may be developed on a local and regional level
- Ensure training provided by external training organisations is competent and delivered effectively to meet our objectives
Already experienced as a Health & Safety Advisor (Behavioural)l Advisor you will be Qualified to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent as a minimum and be a Technical or Chartered member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH) or general NEBOSH certificate. Expert knowledge of occupational health and behavioural based safety is required, as is knowledge of Risk Management.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People 'Two Ticks' accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.