Waking Night Residential Support Worker
I am recruiting for a large highly reputable organisation based in the Shrewsbury area. The company support a client base for children with learning disabilities, autism, Asperger's.
With an extensive training package on offer and competitive salary, this is the perfect opportunity for a Residential Support Worker with Children and provides room for progression. People with no experience looking to pursue a new career within health and social care will be considered.
Salary starting from GBP16,475 rising to GBP17224 after completion of Level 3 diploma.
Shifts are 4 nights on 4 nights off on a rota basis.
Responsibilities of Waking Night Residential Support Worker:
• Contribute to the effective implementation of individual programmes by supporting learning, independence and experiences.
• Assisting with the completion of care plans, risk assessments, incident reports and daily reports
• Supporting clients with morning and evening routines
• Supporting clients with challenging behaviour and adopting de-escalation techniques
• Supporting client s with in house and external activities
• Promote strong communication with both clients and staff team to ensure handover are accurate and factual
• Maintain professional relationships with clients, family and external healthcare professionals Adhering to company policies and procedures
Person Specification for Waking Night Residential Support Worker:
• Due to the location of the business and shift patterns, all applicants must hold a full driving licence and have access to their own vehicles
• Staff must be flexible with shift patterns
• You must be confident and competent when support clients with challenging behaviour
• Training to NVQ standard would be advantageous but not essential as training is provided
• Experience within a Health and Social Care would be advantageous but not essential
• All applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and 5 years referencing
• This is a full time permanent vacancy based within the Shrewsbury area
• Competitive salary
• Childcare Vouchers
• Bike to work scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to yourself please apply immediately or call Matt Grech on , alternatively email