Technical Team Administrator
Our client is looking to further enhance their technical support team with the addition of a Technical Team Administrator based at their head office. The company are a leading digital video solutions provider.
The role would be suitable for someone who is looking gain experience in a full time role via a year in industry.
Duties and responsibilities
• Assisting the technical team with document preparation, including quick start guides, product checklists, packaging lists and warranty/service documentation.
• Managing the diaries for demonstration, hire and loan equipment to ensure availability matches customer requirements, and shipments and collections are made on time in conjunction with the administration team.
• Preparing equipment for hire and evaluation, including basic testing and configuration, matching items with shipment checklists, and packaging suitably for transportation.
• Receiving and preparing equipment for customer sale including relevant documentation and liaising with the sales and administration teams to meet shipping deadlines.
• Reporting product failures and repairs to suppliers and ensuring work is handled in a timely manner, whether under warranty, or as part of a customer service agreement.
• Adding information to the company online database system for newly received products, ensuring it is continuously up to date so that the technical, sales and administration teams can rely on it for other daily tasks such as shipping, warranty renewals and supplier reporting.
• Working with the technical team to help develop processes to underpin the work being undertaken within the team and together with the broader company.
Skills and experience
• Good communicator, both written and verbal, with an open, friendly and confident style.
• Strong organisational skills essential, with the ability to prioritise and multitask.
• Effective team player, working to ensure team goals are met or exceeded.
• Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web-based email packages.
• Capability to learn and manipulate a powerful online database system
• Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability so the role can be expanded over time.
• The successful applicant maybe studying for a degree in business or technical discipline or experience in a similar role would be beneficial.
The role is between 9-11months dependent on the successful candidate.
Generous holiday entitlement is available with 25 days + Bank holidays (Pro Rata).
Training will be provided.
Please send a CV and cover letter indicating your suitability for the role and why you are the best fit for the role.