HGV Mechanic UK Tamworth
When you're one of the world's largest package delivery companies, it takes great teamwork to keep things running behind the scenes. Currently UPS are looking to hire a HGV Mechanic, based at the Tamworth Automotive facility.
The vehicle mechanic is responsible for the maintenance and repair of all UPS vehicles, from light vans up to tractor trailer units. Dependent on location, shifts may vary over a 24 hour period in order to support the operation.
We offer a competitive salary, shift allowance and a generous tool allowance, along with offering a wide range of other benefits from a Company pension scheme to a corporate discount programme.
- Preparing commercial vehicles, including for MOT inspection
- Responding to daily vehicle condition reports supplied by Drivers
- Carrying out regular maintenance schedules and update computer records accordingly
- Complying with all health and safety guidelines
- Responding in a timely fashion to break down calls
- Accurate stock control using computerised systems
- Work as a team in order to achieve reliability and maintenance targets.
Key Skills / Experience:
- Hold a City and Guilds or equivalent qualification in vehicle mechanics
- Experience of working with commercial vehicles including LGVs would be an advantage
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Able to work on own initiative as well as working as part of a team, and prioritise work activities accordingly
- Hold a full UK driving licence for at least 2 years
- An LGV Class 1 licence would be an advantage but is not essential
- Be flexible, friendly and have an enthusiastic attitude.
UPS operates a 'promotion from within policy' with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.