Engineering Manager – Permanent – Dudley
ITR Personnel are recruiting with a large manufacturing specialist for a new, permanent Engineering Manager to join their existing management team. Reporting into the Operations Director, you’ll be managing the Design and Engineering functions for the business and acting as a chief point of contact with customers.
Duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Managing all Design / engineering functions
- Managing work-loads of the small team of Design Engineers
- Ensure correct information is obtained and progressed through the business from customer requirements
- Design activities using CAD software (AutoCAD & Solidworks)
- Assist customers and staff with technical and specification queries (including Structural calculations, welding processes and flow calculations etc)
- Manage the control of orders
- Cost control
- Liaise with sales department, customers etc
You will also be responsible for managing other areas including:
- Developing the Quality Documentation & Inspections
- Visit and review Suppliers
- Develop Technical Documentation, Plans and Specs
- Undertake Audits
- Vendor approval
- Certification approval
- Day to day, man-management
To be considered for this opportunity, you MUST have worked in a similar role previously, ideally within material handling or other metal manufacturing environments.
As well as the relevant technical skills, you’ll have excellent communication skills, be extremely well organised and have proven man-management experience.
The site is in Dudley and so commutable from Kiddermister, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Stourbridge, Stourport, Telford, Cannock, Walsall etc
Alternative job titles would include Design Engineering Manager, Engineering Manager, Head of Engineering, Design Engineer, Engineer, Technical Engineer, Technical Manager etcITR PersonnelWhether you’re seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract -you’ll find we provide a professional but friendly, efficient, system driven recruitment service - where we remember that people do matter. Offering a full recruitment service across a variety of sectors; we continuously strive to ensure we give an honest, reliable service.With a wealth of specialist knowledge in the local recruitment market, ITR Personnel is the latest addition to the ITR Group.Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.ITR Personnel are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. ITR Personnel is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75181488