French construction company working on a large UK project is looking for BIM Manager. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position will require strong AutoCAD experience as well as very good computer, technical and communication skills. Due to the collaborative nature of coordination using BIM tools, you must also have the ability to seek out and resolve issues through close interaction with other project team members.
The role is based in Birmingham.
- Receive and manage multiple subcontractor models.
- Coordinate all BIM Logistics (Contracts, Emails, File sharing, etc.)
- Create, maintain and analyze federated model mainly for coordination purposes,
- Review and document design document and coordination conflicts.
- Run and analyze clash detection on federated model.
- Communicate conflicts in model; both real and potential.
- Prepare and distribute clash reports to facilitate the coordination process.
- Schedule and facilitate coordination meetings along with project manager and/or superintendent.
- Facilitate subcontractor communication in and out of meetings.
- Site inspection and liaising with trade contractors.
- Meet with designers/owners as required to facilitate review of models as needed.
CREATE & MAINTAIN MODELS FOR PROJECT SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Create models including structure, interior and exterior architectural elements and MEP systems.
- Coordinate with BIM service providers and Subcontractors.
- Compile contract BIM close out documentation.
- Assist project team with construction coordination and scheduling.
- Provide field subcontractors with the most current coordinated information.
- Work with the field staff to understand how they work and what information they need.
- Facilitate foreman model review meetings.
- Participate in job layout driven by 3D model data.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, or Construction disciplines
- Minimum of four years of progressive responsibility working for a general contractor/CM or subcontractor
- Thorough understanding of all building systems and construction methods.
- Strong experience in the use of BIM software (i.e. Autodesk Revit, Navisworks, SketchUp) and AutoCAD ((AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD MEP, and Civil 3D is a plus)
- MSOffice, including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Good communication and training skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to communicate the benefits of BIM, both for internal and external purposes
- Understanding of design and document coordination;
- Demonstrate positive team attitude and interpersonal effectiveness,
- Develop and maintain positive customer/client satisfaction;
- French would be a plus or willingness to learn the language
C£60K/pa + benefits