Support Worker, Full Time and Part Time Roles Available, Charity based in Rugby, Warwickshire, Starting Salary £8.00 per hour
We are a local charity, established for over 60 years by parents of children with learning disabilities with a dream of creating improved services and facilities for adults with learning disabilities and their families. The charity specialises in supporting adults to live interesting and fulfilling lives by offering a wide range of different types of support, tailored to individual requirements. Our wide range of services include; Home care, supported living, respite and residential services. We believe in providing high quality, good value services which are responsive to individual changing needs. Our staff are trained and highly skilled, however we continue to promote the opportunities of learning new skills.
Due to our successful growth and future expansion plans, we are currently looking for full time staff, contracted to 35 hours per week, and part time Support Workers to help support our current team and to continue to develop and expand the charity as we support our service users and their families. We expect our support workers to undertake a number of sleep in duties as part of their roles and to be flexible around their working hours. This role will include weekend working. Shifts generally operate between the hours of 7am and 10pm.
When applying for the Support Worker role, please state your preference to either a full time or part time position.
Support Worker Main Duties:
- Ensure all aspects of support and personal care are provided in line with Company standards
- Support service users according to their individual support plan
- Enable, encourage and support service users to achieve their individual outcomes whilst supporting them to gain their independence in all aspects of daily living
- Administration of medication
- Assist with all aspects of domestic duties as required within a home environment
- Accurately report, record and maintain records as required.
- Alongside management, ensure that the service users environment complies with all health and safety regulations
Support Worker Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Willingness to undertake all core and appropriate training
- Ability to accurately report, record and maintain records and produce reports
- Ability to show initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people, including service users, professionals and families.
- Able to prioritise work load and follow instructions.
- Understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality
- Driving license and access to your own vehicle is desirable.
In your application, please tell us why you think you are the perfect candidate for this position.
While we would like to contact all our candidates, unfortunately, this is not possible so if you haven’t heard from us a week after the closing date, your application has not been successful.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75256044