Are you an experienced Support Worker?
Kingston Noble are currently working with an established residential and supported living provider based in the West Midlands.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Support Worker to join a specialist team providing support to adults with Autism. A large victorian terrace in a quiet residential area of Droitwich providing 4 male service users with daily support promoting independence through routine enabling the service users to be as independent and settled as possible.
Duties will include: -
- Ensure all support plans and behaviour management guidelines are followed at all times, discussing with manager any changes you think should be implemented
- Ensure effective use of augmented communication techniques with service users, tailoring communication method to the needs of the individual service user, using assistive technology where suitable
- Enable and support service users to make choices
- Be flexible and adaptable in providing a sensitive caring approach allowing the service users to develop all aspects of their life
- Assist the management team in providing a constructive pattern of activities commensurate with the individual skills, abilities and potential of the service users
- Provide activities to support the development of service users within their home environment and in social / leisure activities by ensuring the activities are stimulating and interesting to the individual
- If required, provide appropriate levels of physical care and support with washing, dressing, bathing and assistance with hygiene needs
- Assist with the preparation and cooking of meals and snacks, laundry, household tasks and day time activities with the service users as required
- Liaise with professionals, family members & friends of service users to ensure high quality support
- Attend and participate in regular review procedures concerning service users and prepare written reports prior to the meeting
Minimum 12 months UK based care experience
Flexibility to work shifts covering earlies and lates
NVQ level 2 or 3
- MAPA qualification
In return we offer:-
Competitive rates of pay