Supplier Risk Management Lead
Excellent opportunity to join this leading global brand in the Midlands.
Our client is looking for someone who is ACCA or ACA qualified, working in a Corporate Restructuring/Insolvency department in practice and looking to move into Industry.
Leading Global brand in the Midlands.
- Report 'at risk' suppliers to Purchasing Senior Management on an ad-hoc basis as required and at the monthly meeting, preparing the agenda, managing the meeting and issuing minutes/actions
- Work effectively with Buyers to help mitigate risk, attending monthly Management meetings and working with cross-functional teams to make clear and effective decisions to reduce risk
- Lead strategic supplier review meetings providing financial support when requested
- Work effectively with the Buyers as the Risk lead to support supplier visits
- Guide Buyers at times of supplier distress (Administration), ensuring that the correct procedures are followed and that all parties are up to date with developments
- Undertake and manage ad-hoc project work, a review of one part suppliers and other required analysis
- Be the first point of call with external insolvency experts
- Lead in the preparation and updating of the training material and assist in the presentation and provide support in the delivery of the Supplier Risk training to Buyers
- Obtain credit ratings and monitor the financial stability of suppliers through database and manage workload of the team
- Undertake supplier financial review at the sourcing stage, using records from Companies House (and overseas equivalents), Credit Rating providers and suppliers own data
- Be responsible for continuous improvement, ensuring that Supplier Risk processes continue to support the business
- Project lead e.g. Business continuity, business protection and the Risk register
- Undertake and investigate incorporation of geographic and political events into the REDs process
- Provide a quarterly Supplier Risk update to the OCM (Purchasing Directors and their key Business Partners)
- Sign off if distress budget is required
- Responsible for coaching junior staff.
- Applicants should be degree qualified.
- Insolvency/restructuring experience desired.
Currently working in a Top 20 firm or restructuring boutique in an insolvency/restructuring/M&A role and looking to move into Industry. Candidates needs to be a qualified accountant. Minimal travel.
Experience in a commercial, engineering, IT or project management function.
Excellent package and opportunities on offer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75325048