Catia V5 & V6 CAD Engineer – Brake Components
Our client, a global automotive manufacturer with an iconic brand, has made available a contract position for a CAD Engineer to be based at their Gaydon location.
Key Responsibilities of the CAD Engineer role
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team of engineers strongly focussed on the delivery of braking system mechanical components for our client’s future vehicle programmes. The team works closely with a range of suppliers in the UK and Europe
The candidate will contribute towards the design and delivery of all aspects of the Actuation and Modulation brake components on the allocated vehicle programme or platform.
The candidate will work with the Lead Engineers to deliver the technical and gateway deliverables on our client’s brakes programmes.
- Lead packaging resolution
- Support supplier sourcing with designs, CAD and Engineering Statement of Work
- Coordinate design activities with suppliers
- Issue management & resolution
- Engineering design release
- Lead part design communisation
- Brake system launch into volume production
Qualifications and Experience required for the CAD Engineer role
- CAD Model creation
- CAD model manipulation
- Use of CAD / CAE tools
- Degree in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Knowledge of automotive brake system design
Key Skills of the CAD Engineer
- Catia V5 & V6
- Knowledge of the system and component requirements of an automotive braking system
- Ability to communicate confidently and accurately by means of presentations & written documents using MS Office applications and other proprietary IT tools.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment where success is measured by successful delivery to target which can only be achieved by effectively managing resources and communications in a collaborative and supportive way.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75329418