HR Manager, Birmingham
Our client, an expanding business in the supply sector is looking to recruit an experienced HR Manager for their business. A stand-alone role, this reports directly into the Managing Director. As a progressive business who are experts in their field, this role would suit an ambitious and energetic person to fit into their organisation. A value adding role within the organisation, you will need to build on the businesses culture, keeping the core values and vision alive through the people practices. You will not only deal with staff welfare and administration activities, but also strategy and planning.
- Overall accountability of the HR function
- Accurately maintaining employee records.
- Working closely across departments, assisting department managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Liaising with a wide range of people to formulate personnel systems and strategies in line with the company's mission and vision.
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of Solus Ceramics.
- Ensuring Health & Safety procedures are adequate
- Recruiting staff - this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Promoting HR technology that will improve the overall function.
- Undertaking regular salary reviews.
- Negotiating with staff on issues relating to pay and conditions.
- Interpreting and advising on employment law
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures.
- Planning, and sometimes delivering, training - including inductions for new staff.
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Qualities:
- Minimum CIPD Level 3.
- Five year's HR Manager experience
- Professional, fair and willing to make a difference.
This role will suit an experienced HR Advisor/HR Manager. In return the candidate will receive a salary of between 36-42K depending on experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75249447