Contract Specialist - IS/Technology
Severn Trent's 8 million customers know that whatever the weather, whenever they turn on their taps, we'll deliver high quality drinking water. Behind this 24-7 achievement is our strong Water team. They manage hundreds of river and reservoir systems, and 16 surface water treatment works to treat 1900 million litres of water every day, delivered through our 46,000 km network of water mains.
The role of the Contract Specialist for IS/Technology is to manage contracts for Severn Trent Water's IS department:
- providing contract support to STW; advising on contract terms and processes.
- developing excellent supplier relationships and managingtheir performance
- identifying and prioritising Contract Management opportunities.
- establishing and demonstrating best practice commercial expertise.
- protecting and creating value for Severn Trent through the management of contract relationships at Severn Trent
The key duties of the role are:
- Full and detailed understanding of the relevant contracts, facilitating the successful delivery of the contract.
- Seek opportunities for contract efficiencies, value and identify contract leakage and actions to recover
- Seek to include further work (that falls within the scope) in the contract from other areas of STW
- Produce monthly contract position statements - volumes, KPI performance, payments, via the completion of monthly scorecards
- Monitor contract expenditure against work streams, working closely in collaboration with budget holders to ensure delivery of business objectives through the contract
- Identify contract/commercial risk and ensure clear allocation of risk and appropriate mitigation plans are in place.
- Conduct regular contract performance reviews in the line with structure contract governance protocols focused on performance (SLA/KPIs), contract compliance and cost control.
- Apply market knowledge and insight to continually drive improvement
- Collaborate with the supplier base to drive step change innovation to deliver business strategy
- Closely manage and track key contract milestones, obligations and key events giving early warning to allow adequate planning time and advice to key stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with Severn Trent approval process (GAA).
- Ensure CSR policy is complied with and expectations of Severn Trent are understood.
- Experience of managing IS/IT type contracts
- Strong negotiating, influencing and communication skills
- The ability to identify commercial opportunities.
- Ability to project manage initiatives tracking and ensuring delivery against key milestones
- Must be able to identify risks and manage appropriately
- Ability to present complex ideas/concepts and take a consultative approach with stakeholders
It would be desirable if the candidate were degree qualified and hold the CIPs qualification.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75349711