To support the management of the end to end supply chain activities across all areas of IT spend within the organisation. Working with Procurement Managers to identify effective procurement solutions, delivering value for money with fit for purpose contracts, through a consistent and transparent process.
Michael Page Indirect Procurement are delighted to be working with this leading Professional Services organisation who are looking for an IT Buyer to join their growing procurement function.
The main responsibilities of the IT Buyer position are as follows;
- To benchmark and support negotiations on contracts. Ensuring optimum market pricing is achieved, offering solutions where switching to more cost effective providers are required and appropriate.
- To support the delivery of category management procurement expertise and assistance to the organisation's IT function for all their procurement needs.
- To ensure value for money is delivered (savings & cost avoidance) whilst demonstrating full compliance through analysis, planning, negotiation and adherence to the companies procurement and contracting policies.
- To support the management of IT contracts ensuring suppliers are on fit for purpose contract terms in line with Legal requirements.
- To undertake competitive tendering for IT requirements to demonstrate value for money.
- Supplier relationship management and reporting
- Enthusiastic team player and highly customer focused
- Able to operate and communicate with staff within the organisation.
- Able to work on own and manage high level of work through to completion.
- Ability to challenge specification
- Negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Focused on cost reduction and efficiency improvements
- Able to operate under pressure and to meet tight and demanding deadlines
- Experience of tender procurement practice and processes and ability to manage contracts
- Experience of multi supplier environment covering IT / subcategories
- Experience in working with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) and re sellers
This role offers between £25,000 and £35,000 + benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75340472