Solihull - Sales Manager Women's Product - Mat Cover
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
As a Sales Manager Product, you will be responsible for managing the product in store.
You will be a well-rounded manager - strong at product, service and operations, you will support your senior managers in all aspects of the store. In this role, you will:
- Drive sales & maximise profit - You will be responsible for product placement and will handle the product on a daily basis. You will adhere to company VM guidelines by ensuring product is merchandised correctly and implementing layout changes. You will place newness from delivery and ensure best sellers and key pieces are easily accessible to our customers. You will analyse commercial reports and take action, delegating tasks to your dedicated team of Product Sales Advisors. You will also ensure graphics and equipment are maintained and stored away carefully. You will provide our customers with ideas on how to wear our product, keeping up with the latest trends and competitor activity. You will work alongside the field VM team to ensure high visual standards across your store, ensuring good size availability for our customers. In this role, you will need to be flexible to support in:
- Connecting with our customers – Our customers and our team will be your priority. You will ensure the team are deployed effectively across the floor to deliver a world class service! You will ensure breaks are covered, with sufficient staff across each area to meet customer demand. You will conduct daily floor walks of the cash desk and fitting room areas, ensuring they are running smoothly. You will provide the team with briefings, ensuring they can identify new lines, best sellers and key pieces. You will ensure they know the focuses for the store and daily targets, enabling them to drive sales across key touch points. You will monitor and drive conversion, keeping the team motivated at all times! You will train and coach your team to deliver service in line with our Get Connected expectations, ensuring up-selling, gift cards and online are a focus. You will support your senior manager in managing the teams performance, providing training and supporting with seasonal recruitment.
- Delivering all operational aspects of the store - You will drive the productivity of your team, ensuring deliveries are processed in accordance with company timescales. You will lead from the front, ensuring deliveries are well organised and stock managed effectively. You will manage replenishment, ensuring the team are trained to analyse reports to carry this out effectively. You will be responsible for stock that is not going onto the shop floor, ensuring it goes away into the correct area of the stockroom. You will conduct daily floor walks of stockrooms and back areas, delegating tasks and aggressing priorities with your dedicated team of Operations Sales Advisors. You will ensure sale launch is managed effectively throughout the stockroom. You will manage any maintenance issues and will be responsible for team training on fire, health and safety procedures. You will also be responsible for protecting profit, ensuring stock management and transfers are actioned correctly & engaging the team to deter theft through service.
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING…
… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for! For this role, you will:
- Be able to work on your own initiative
- Be a great communicator and be able to engage your team
- Have good leadership skills
- Be passionate about delivering a world class experience to our customers
- Have experience in analysing reports and making commercial decisions
- Have a good understanding of the latest trends and our competitors
- Have experience in VM
- Ideally have experience in opening & closing a store
- Have previous experience at Sales Manager level or be an experienced Supervisor/Visual Merchandiser looking for your next step up
- You may also be a small store/deputy manager looking to move into a larger turnover environment.
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…
… and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our retail managers:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Uniform Allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Up to 28 days holiday*
- Private healthcare*
IT NEVER GET’S BORING…
As a business, we are focused on the progression of our retail teams! When you join the business, you will spend your induction period in one our stores specifically designed to induct new managers into the business. Covering all you will need to know before going into your base store, you will connect with fellow managers and discover what makes our stores successful!
We offer on-going training and development by running workshops throughout the year, covering different areas from Commercial Awareness to Performance Management, helping you develop your skill set as a River Island manager. We also have fantastic area managers who you will work alongside, many of whom have progressed from store themselves. What better way to learn & develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
WE’RE GOING PLACES….
With more than 60 years of fashion retailing experience, River Island is one of the most successful companies on the high street. By joining River Island, you will be part of business boasting nearly 300 stores across the UK, Ireland and internationally throughout Asia, the Middle East and Europe.
We are always looking for ambitious individuals who will thrive from working in a fast paced, creative and vibrant business. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75123302