Category Manager - Coventry
Category Manager - Grahams the Plumbers Merchant - Coventry
We have an exciting opportunity for a Category Manager to devise and implement a strategy to develop private label products for the brand.
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as a Category Manager you will be;
- Achieving profitable sales and margin growth across the private label category
- Determining and implementing a customer focused category strategy
- Carrying out tender management and supplier selection
- Negotiating complex deals with industry-leading suppliers
- Developing a pricing policy, ensuring Graham is positioned in line with the overall pricing strategy of the business
- Carrying out regular performance analysis of private label sales and margin
Am I who you are looking for?
You will have proven experience of Category Management within the building materials industry, retail or a multi-site distributor, and in particular the selection and development of own brand products and ranges and also include;
- Proven experience of Category Management within the building materials industry, retail or a multi-site distributor, and in particular the selection and development of own brand products and ranges
- Experience of procurement, dealing with high value and complex contract negotiations
- Customer focus
- Experience of developing a Category Strategy
- Strong influencing and facilitation skills
- The ability to think strategically
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong stakeholder management
- High degree of commercial acumen
- In addition you must have a full, clean driving licence as extensive travel across the UK will be a necessity.
What are the benefits?
In return we can offer the successful applicant a competitive salary and bonus scheme along with the following:
- A company car
- 31 days holiday, progressing to 33 after 5 years’ service
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme
- Share purchasing scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
What about the business I’ll be joining?
There are 32+ fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Graham plumbing - UK's most popular supplier of plumbing, heating & bathroom products. Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75331692