Field Installation Engineers
A leading mechanical and electrical contractor in the Fire Suppression industry have key requirements for Field Installation Engineers across the UK, ideal locations are Leeds, Birmingham, London and Nottingham.
The purpose of this role is To work as directed as part of an installation project team on the installation and commissioning of water mist fire suppression systems.
1. Installation Works. Performing all installation and associated remedial work thoroughly as directed by the site supervisor, in a safe manner, and in accordance with all laid down installation instructions and specifications, and project RAMS. Ensuring non-conforming items are labelled as necessary to identify the part and issue, and returned to Fireworks office.
2. Paperwork. Ensuring all paperwork in respect of each task is completed properly and is received as relevant by either the Site Supervisor, Project Manager or the Fireworks office, in a timely manner and in good condition.
3. Service Vehicle. Maintaining allocated service vehicle in a good condition and for performing all daily and weekly checks, and for ensuring completed check sheets are received by the Fireworks office in a timely manner and in good condition. To drive responsibly at all times and in compliance with all legal road requirements. Notify the office immediately if for any reason you are unfit to drive.
4. Equipment. Ensuring that all allocated work equipment is maintained, including: Ladder checks and tags, PAT testing, Calibrations, and associated pre-use checks.
5. Training and Development. Complete all assigned training courses within timeframe allocated. You are responsible for ensuring that all CSCS cards, similar scheme or competency cards that you are required to hold are maintained.
6. Workshop / Stores / Yard. Only using workshop equipment that individual is trained and authorised to use and ensuring that all correct PPE is worn when operating equipment. Ensuring that other staff are informed of any hazards while equipment is being operated and for performing pre-use equipment checks. Ensuring that work areas are left clean and tidy. Notifying stores person of all stock items that have been taken and for what purpose / project.
7. Quality, Health, Safety, Welfare and the Environment (QHSE). Observe all company QHSE policies, procedures and other instructions and ensure all concerns observed or reported are submitted to the QHSE Compliance department. Notify the office without delay of any incidents, near misses or H&S concerns.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience (KSE)
Water mist suppression systems - Good knowledge of water mist fire suppression systems and the wider fire prevention sector.
Technical - Experience in similar installation engineer roles. Demonstrates the technical competence and awareness required to pass manufacturer courses on the equipment to be installed and commissioned, or has relevant technical qualifications for work being performed.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75346632