Job Title: Chef
Location: Solihull - B90 2EL
Salary: £9.00 hourly rate
Hours: 24 hrs a week – Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday (3pm finish times)
Responsibilities of role
Working under the guidance of a Chef Manager the role will be developmental and ideal for someone who wants to develop their career. We are looking for a strong Chef with excellent craft skills to join the team at this prestigious contract in Solihull.
- To work with the Chef Manger to consistently deliver excellent food and level of customer service to our clients within agreed financial parameters
- Regular appraisal of services provided with a focus on resident engagement, driving additional sales and controlling costs.
- Ensuring implementation and maintenance of all statutory and company standards of hygiene, food safety and health & safety
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships both with company individuals and client personnel at all levels
Our ideal candidate will
- Be quality driven
- Have extensive experience within the healthcare sector
- Knowledge and experience of working within a care home or diet kitchen is an advantage.
- Have excellent culinary skills with an attention to detail
- A creative thinker with sound knowledge of the latest food trends
- Be a real ‘foodie’ with passion and enthusiasm for fresh food and great service by adopting ‘person centred’ principles
- Have sound knowledge of hygiene, health and safety requirements
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Have a great understanding of running a commercial contract and be ‘Street Wise’ and understand their competitors
- Demonstrate confidence with a ‘Can do’ attitude
- Be naturally outgoing and energetic with an ability to train and inspire
- Confident to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75354835