A Reconciliations Analyst is required to join a Financial Services organisation based at their Birmingham City Centre office.
The primary function of the CASS & Reconciliations Team is the management of Cash and Stock exceptions. The Reconciliations Analyst is responsible for the correct application of funds to and from various internal and external accounts and for the investigation, allocation, ageing and chasing down of reconciliation exceptions and breaks.
Key to the role is working to agreed SLA's and within the regulatory guidelines outlined. Furthermore, as this is a high risk area the job holder is expected to demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and be responsible for maintaining accurate records.
- Maintain the first line of compliance defence by ensuring department adherence to business processes and procedures
- Verifying the accuracy of internal postings against external records - matching bank entries to ledger entries including foreign currency items
- Resolution of queries from client and market counterparts
- Raising payments and journals requests
- Investigate, allocate and ensure the timely resolution of relevant exceptions for both cash and stock, ensuring comments are accurate and up to date
- Respond to and effectively address queries from internal and external customers within agreed Service Level Agreement
- Proactively maintain and develop skills and technical knowledge in line with Departmental skills
- Positively and proactively participate in 121 meetings and contribute to effective business and departmental communications
- Ensure risk is minimised by getting it right first time
- Proactively minimise risk via process improvement recommendations which support the team in getting it right first time
Key Experience, Skills and Requirements
- Educated to at least 'A' level, or equivalent in a financial, numerical, business or technical discipline
- Experience of reconciliations and exceptions
- Experience of Microsoft Office or similar applications
- Good understanding of the life cycle of a trade
- Good understanding of industry rules and regulations
- A thorough understanding of other operational areas procedures and processes
- Having an ACCA / ACA/ CIMA qualification would be advantageous
For more information or to apply, please contact Laura Woodhead at
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75354285