Job Title – Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Location – Tamworth
Shifts - 3 on 3 off 2on 2 off Days and Nights Panama Shifts. 2 weekends of every month.
Salary - £38,000 - £45,000 + Overtime + Training + Pension
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join our client who are a large Global business based in Birmingham.
Our client is a large FMCG business specialising in fast moving goods, they have grown massively in the past ten years and continue to do so as a market leader.
They are also a 3 Billion turnover business with 10,000 employees worldwide and over 30 site globally.
This FMCG company have invested heavily in state of the art manufacturing & automated equipment and are now looking for the right maintenance engineer to join their business.
The Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for:
- Reducing equipment breakdown duration and reduce the frequency of breakdowns (mean time between failures).
- Fault finding mechanically on Conveyors, pneumatic, hydraulic, pumps, valves. The majority cases you will replacing components like for like.
- Fault finding electrically with a multi meter and reading electrical schematics. They will also be responsible for the sites preventative maintenance and responding to ad hoc requests for repairs whilst on shift.
- Fault finding experience through to input and outputs with a PLC or Fault finding on laptop/tablet via a PLC would be an essential.
- Completion of an electrical maintenance/engineering apprenticeship or qualification.
- Electrical forces candidates will also be considered.
- PLC fault finding experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a multi skilled maintenance engineer
- Experience within an automotive, logistics, chemical or FMCG business would be ideal.
As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you will expect
- Salary - £40,000 - £43,000 Basic OTE 47K
- Will look at candidates who are in engineering roles and want to step up into leadership in the future.
- Company pension plan available.
- Continuous progression opportunities and training available.
- Our client will offer training/development and possible progression for the right candidate.
If you’re interested in this role? Please contact me on or
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75362141