Assistant Quantity Surveyor
I am currently recruiting for a well respected, specialist contractor within the Construction industry based in the Staffordshire. This opportunity is a new exciting role for an Assistant/Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join an established company who is looking for an opportunity within a company which will enable to succesful applicant to build a career. This opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surevyor requires an individual who is willing to learn and an individual who has an excellent attitude towards their work. The succesful Quantity Surveyor will be working alongside knowledgeable professionals within the industry.
My client provide an excellent service to its clients and operate on projects in multiple locations, it is envisaged the succesful Quantity Surveyor/AQS is flexible with travel throughout the UK to different sites as and when required. The company itself has a large portfolio of projects and clients, they operate using traditional methods of procurement and ensure they are transparent throughout the processs. This is an excellent opportuntiy to work for a growing company who carry out a range of services, the succesful individual will be a valued member of the team and will learn new skills on the job.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor Position Overview
- prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
- perform risk, value management and cost control;
- advise on a procurement strategy;
- identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
- prepare and analyse costings for tenders;
- allocate work to subcontractors;
- provide advice on contractual claims;
- analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports;
- value completed work and arrange payments;
- maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor Position Requirements
- Previous background in Quantity Surveying or work experience would be advantageous
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Excellent attitude and willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Driving license would be advantageous
Assistant Quantity Surveyor Position Remuneration
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Company benefits to be discussed upon successful interview.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75367571