Are you a proven Quality Engineer with experience in Quality Assurance of manufactured parts? If so we are recruiting for a Quality Engineer for a company that designs and manufactures component parts and complete transmission systems for some of the highest profile and advanced applications in the Motorsport, Aerospace, and Automotive world.
As Quality Engineer you will be responsible for Quality Assurance aspects of manufactured products, interfacing with customers, suppliers and internal staff. Support Quality Management Systems including ISO9001 / AS9100. Support continuous improvement and drive route cause investigations.
Key parts of the role include:
- Investigate Quality related matters from Customers, in house production & Supply chain.
- Document results of Quality investigations relating to Customer Complaints & Supplier non-conformance.
- Document corrective & preventive actions from Customer Complaints & Internal Process Investigations & Audits and management of resulting actions.
- Agree and implement corrective action resulting from supplier assessments.
- Conduct quality related training as necessary.
- Deal with day to day quality issues.
- Conduct quality based projects as required.
- Work with department managers to ensure manuals are fit, effective and communicated
- Create manufacturing control documentation i.e. control plans, key feature check-sheets & care points
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities
- HNC or equivalent with mechanical engineering content.
- Relevant QA professional qualification
- Experience in quality focused roles in a mix of engineering projects and low volume mechanical engineering based activities - Quality Consulting or Systems implementation an advantage.
- Experience of working in a precision machining environment
- Be able to read complex technical drawings
- Automotive awareness and of IATF / TS16949
- Experience with PPAP, APQP, FMEA, FAIR & 8D
- Engineering process improvement skills
- Internal audit - ideally to ISO9001, AS9100
- Configuration and traceability control to mainstream automotive or aerospace standards.
- Working in an AS9100 or ISO-TS16949 environment
- Process improvement, particularly related to 'Lean' techniques and philosophy
- Working in small integrated teams
- Previous end-to-end supply chain responsibility
- Supplier performance audit and assessment
- Working with mainstream automotive or aerospace quality management processes
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75357675