Adhesive Project Leader - Chemist
“Opportunity for a BSC/MSC/PHD qualified Adhesive Project Leader (Chemist) to develop their career with a Midlands based global Specialty Chemicals manufacturer in a customer facing, product transfer & development, and application validation role”
BASIC: 35,000 - £40,000 + Annual Bonus (8%) + Company Pension + Health cover in. Family + 25 days plus Stats + Other Group Benefits
BASED – Midlands (Relocation assistance available where required)
Part of multi-billion dollar global group, we are one of the world’s largest manufacturers of specialty chemicals and technologies used every day in a wide variety of markets and applications.
With over 5000 passionate, technical solvers, from renowned scientists and research chemists to talented engineers and plant operators based at our manufacturing and R&D centres across North America, Europe, China, India, Brazil and Russia, we develop practical, innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems for customers in more than 100 countries worldwide.
This new role falls within our industrial specialties division which manufactures specialty resins, adhesives and coatings for the packaging, print & converting, construction, transportation and energy markets.
THE JOB – Adhesive Project Leader Chemist
To help achieve strategic growth initiatives set for Europe we are looking for a commercially focused Development and Application Project Leader to take responsibility for products transfer and development as well as new applications validation of Ashland range of adhesives.
This is an adhesives technical specialist and customer facing role with visits to customer sites across Europe, supporting the technical sales and development team.
PERSON REQUIREMENTS - Adhesive Project Leader Chemist
* MSc or BSc in a chemistry related field, preferably in polymer science, formulation or composites technology. OR Engineer Degree in Materials Sciences.
* 2-5 Years of industrial experience as chemist or technical service representative in the field of coatings or adhesives, polyurethane/acrylic/formulation, substrates treatment, printing or converting industry.
* Project management in formulation or application development.
PROSPECTS - Adhesive Project Leader - Chemist
* There is huge potential for career development within the company and the group globally. We have an active policy of promotion from within and firmly believe in the further development of all personnel.
* All of the line management team at our UK R&D centre started in this level of role, been promoted and taken on greater responsibilities
Please Note - Wallace Hind Selection have been selected as our exclusive retained partner so any direct applications from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to them.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant John Gowen quoting Adhesive Project Leader - Chemist reference JG1708-08 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683301 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75366832