Quantity Surveyor - New Build Refurb
Our client are seeking two Quantity Surveyors to support them on a number of high profile new build and refurb contracts.
Our client is a leading housing focused organisation with a number of long term contracts.
They have a vibrant team culture along with long term career opportunities.
- Advising on the maintenance costs of specific buildings;
- CVR reports for all contracts - ensuring all cost and value had been accounted for accurately
- Small tenders - from initial pricing through to final account
- Large quoted works - from initial pricing through to final account
- Collating and agreeing annual prelim payment with client
- PPP/PPV negotiations
- Creating cost saving efficiency's and putting into place working closely with the operational team
- Working closely with I.T in relation to commercial reports required and interface problems
- Day to day running of contracts - payments, valuations, client queries, subcontract orders, CVR's, etc.
- Mobilisation of new contracts
- Increasing planned works programmes/works
- Tendering of contracts with various payment methods
- Submitting client invoices and taking receipt of payments and correctly allocating
- Risk management - debt, costs, time, quality, etc
It is essential that you have had experience of working within a New Build Social Housing environment.
- New Build experience is essential.
- Ran Multiple projects at one time.
- Managed a team.
- Undertake valuations, Taking off, Pricing, Tendering.
- Programming, from overall project programme to detailed task scheduling, from inception to operation.
- Provide structured approach to project planning to include health and safety, execution methods and quality.
- Manage, train and develop all reporting staff.
- Previous experience within quantity surveying is essential. Ideally on planned maintenance and New Build social housing.
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation.
- Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
- Professional attitude and approach to work.
- Ability to competently operate MS Office (Word & Excel).
- Someone who can hit the ground running.
- Long term solution - someone who is going to stay and commit.
- Due to the nature of the work, you must have 3-5 years recent UK experience working as a QS on New Build Social Housing projects.
- Due to the commercial development element of the role you will need to be outgoing and able to build and maintain strong business relationships.
- Getting the best value for money on contracts.
- Liaising with contractors.
- Strong negotiating on SORs.
- Demonstrate the ability to save money on a contract.
- UK driving licence for site visits.
Competitive salary + benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75368796