Maintenance Manager required on a contract basis to join an industry leading manufacturing business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of manufacturing technology? Do you have a background as a maintenance / plant / engineering manager? Have you got experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the contract role for you!
As the plant engineering manager you will be responsible for setting the maintenance vision, setting the standard that the company want to operate by and ensuring the provide the most efficient, economical and timely design and services required to support the manufacturing operation.
You will deliver the optimum facility availability with a team of highly skilled technicians to ensure preventive maintenance programs, electronic repair and central maintenance management, as well as managing various electric and mechanical contractors in the pursuit of a reliable manufacturing system.
- Leading a critical workgroup including planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reviewing work of the team.
- Responsibility for expense budgets, capital forecasts and expenditures, and personnel management which incorporates engaging the team through gaol alignment to the business strategy and performance evaluations.
- Confront complex issues and problems that require careful analysis and diagnosis and can require original approaches.
- Implement departmental procedures and processes to establish best practice and ensure standard work and safe procedural working
- Lead team to carry out historical data analysis to aid with preventative maintenance creation and root cause corrective action
- Develop predictive maintenance based on employing new methodology to monitor equipment health
- Provide leadership to craftsmen to meet the expectations of customers and the goals of the organization.
- Maintain material inventory and appropriate records of special tools or repair parts and coordinates major project work to ensure completion as scheduled.
- Technical or university degree in an appropriate manufacturing or engineering related field or proven experience in a similar role.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Must have previous manufacturing experience
- Thorough knowledge of planning systems, manufacturing operations, facilities, methods and tooling required.
- Analytical ability as well as communication skills is essential
- Knowledge of autonomous maintenance
- Strong knowledge of TPM
- 6 Sigma experience
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75361234