M&E Design Engineer
Role and Responsibilities
Carry out all aspects of Fire and / or Security design work for projects within the business as may be required.
Prepare quotes and specifications to customer requirements and in line with company procedure and client requirements.
Ensuring all Bids, tenders and project works are delivered to the highest standard in line with current legislation, standards and code of practice.
To support the Key Account, Project Managers and FLM’s with consultancy or design issues.
To maintain organisation and planning ability of own workload but additionally to work as a national team wherever required Review, comment and approve the technical conformity of specifications produced by others.
Responsibility for checking and highlighting design changes.
To liaise with Subcontractors where applicable to assist the KAM, PM or FLM in reviewing quotations provided by Subcontractors.
Developing Technical Manuals and / or presentation portfolios for progression toward to the Technical Author.
Attending pre/ post design meetings with Key Account Managers, Projects Team and customers accordingly.
Knowledge & Experience
- The suitable candidates will have had proven previous experience of Electrical / Mechanical Engineering, Building Solutions would be preferred but not essential.
- Designing Innovative Integrated Solutions.
- Design specifications / Presentational Packages.
- Working with and producing contractual documentation.
- Construction & Contract Law Training.
- Health & Safety IOSH.
- PC literacy, including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite products.
- Understanding of Electrical / Mechanical Operational Schematics.
- Contract Law.
- Construction Industry and Tender related working standards, British Standards and current Regulations for Electrical, Building Construction, Sprinkler, Fire Alarm and Security Systems.
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations would be preferred but not essential
- CDM Regulation would be preferred but not essential
- Operational knowledge of CAD would be preferred but not essential
- GCSE Maths and English grades A-C.
- Educated to minimum HND/C level, with demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- IP Accreditation (Cisco/IBM)
- Preferably you will be of chartered status (or working towards) and hold C / I ENG Status.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75370897