Are you an experienced Buyer looking for a new role? Do you have a groundwork's and/or construction background?
Due to expansion, Kingscroft have been asked to recruit for an Buyer by a well-established and successful civils and groundwork's construction company to work across a number of developments. My client works with some of the most well-known construction companies in the UK and have an excellent reputation for delivering high quality civils and groundwork projects at sites throughout the Midlands. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in Procurement and Buying and will have previously worked in the construction industry. My client are offering a very generous package dependent on experience, ranging from £25k-£40k Per Anum + Benefits.
My client are looking for an organised Buyer to be in control of construction costs and ordering of materials and supplies. Ideally they would like a candidate who has previously working within a civils/groundwork's/construction company.
Duties will include:
* Preparing construction budgets.
* Preparing/updating reports.
* Obtaining quotes for materials and supplies.
* Finding competitive prices for materials and supplies.
* Reducing construction costs by negotiating prices and terms with suppliers.
* Placing orders and arranging delivery of construction materials and supplies.
* Obtaining/negotiating bids from vendors and sub-contractors.
* Planning purchases by reviewing materials and supplies needed from plan packages, contracts and change orders.
* Keeping up to date with site requirements.
* Maintain strong relationships with all work teams/divisions documenting needs and irregularities on and off site.
* Updating and collecting data/trends regularly to plan for future.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced candidate that is looking for career longevity, to join a growing civils and groundwork's construction contractor on a permanent basis. Based in the Cannock area, my client operate projects across the Midlands.
Salary will range from £25k-40k Per Anum dependent on experience.
Please apply today for a confidential discussion about the role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75374894