Senior Communications Manager
Senior Communications Manager
We have a great opening for a Senior Communications Manager to join our Brand & Communications department. Who will be responsible for proactive and reactive communications activity, including reputational and crisis management, media relations and stakeholder engagement, in addition to;
- Co-management (with Head of Communications) of the Press Office including;
- PR activity, Press release writing and distribution, creating new opportunities, topical news jacking and gathering insights/collateral for story creation including utilising data such as Facts Register; Tactical content.
- Creating and activating new release plan to meet target of up to eight press releases per month
- Ensure Newsroom is kept updated, liaising with Web team
- Work with Content Social team to help launch the new Corporate newsroom; support with drafting Exec blogs
- Blogger engagement
- Managing PR agency for effective media relations
- Handling media calls and requests
- Drive corporate profile opportunities
- Managing relationships with key regional media and photographers at each HS site; manage photo library from comms.
- Leading on outreach opportunities and increasing blogger engagement, working with PR agency and SEO agency, engage with online digital media and support the development of new and innovative ways of engaging with internal and external audiences via digital media
- Be part of creative content with a focus on strong storytelling and case studies designed to drive commercial objectives and engagement - working closely with Social & Content team
- Supporting the Head of Communications with crisis management including information gathering; liaising with Customer Relations, Technical teams, etc, to help draft reactive positioning and media briefs both for the media and senior leadership
- Reporting and evaluating comms campaigns; capture learning's. Also press coverage reporting and metric measurement.
- Manage PR plan and ensure integrated team plans are updated.
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Great written and spoken communication skills - ability to write well for a variety of audiences is essential
- Creative thinking - ability to generate innovative and creative ideas
- General Comms industry awareness; knowledge of key trends and campaigns that are engaging with the media and have virality Proven experience of story-telling, including digital
- Customer focus/outcomes focus
- Commercial awareness
- Must have the temperament, judgment and authority to be able to make sound decisions under pressure
- Experience of writing for media and creating photographic briefs
- Experience of working with social platforms
- Experience in media relations and working within a busy press office
- Experience in managing journalists
- Experience of working with content management systems
- Media or journalism degree or equivalent experience
- Working to a converged media strategy
What We Offer
You'll get a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, car/car allowance, pension scheme, bonus, free HomeServe Cover 8 policy, benefits portal and awards scheme, onsite Costa Coffee with subsidised restaurant, free onsite parking, a relaxed dress code and the opportunity to be involved in a variety of charitable/volunteer work.
You'll work in a fun, friendly inclusive environment where People understand the value of their contribution to our goals and are encouraged to recognise a job well done. You'll be part of an open, engaged culture where everyone has an equal voice and the opportunity to get involved, as well as make a real difference in our Customers' lives.
Could you be who we're looking for?
It's our People that truly make what we do so special. As part of the HomeServe family your job will be to put our Customers first and we will give you everything you need to make this happen.
This is an exciting time to join HomeServe. We've been named as the third best place to work in the UK by Glassdoor, based solely on the input of our People. Glassdoor also placed HomeServe as one of the top three companies in the UK for maintaining a good work life balance. We've also been recognised as the 'Most improved company in the UK for Customer satisfaction in the services sector' in surveys by the Institute of Customer Service.
To learn more about our People, careers and the benefits of working at HomeServe, visit https://www.homeserve.com/uk/careers-hub . You can also learn more about HomeServe on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and check us out on Glassdoor.co.uk!
HomeServe is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and we are also happy to discuss flexible working for all of our jobs.
Only agencies on our PSL can provide us with CVs when instructed by our in-house recruitment team. We therefore are not in a position to accept any speculative CVs from agencies who are not on our PSL. If we become aware of unsolicited CVs being sent to us we will accept these as direct applications and process accordingly.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75359243