AML Transaction Monitoring Manager, FCC
AML Transaction Monitoring Manager, Financial Crime and Compliance
Some careers shine brighter than others.
Something new and exciting is happening at HSBC. We are separating our retail bank from our investment bank and creating HSBC UK, with a brand new state-of-the-art head office in Birmingham. The move is a big step, and will take us one step closer to achieving our ambition to be the bank of choice in the UK. However, the move to Birmingham doesn't just represent a new dawn for our business. It's also an exciting opportunity for ambitious professionals who are keen to get involved in a unique challenge and progress their careers. We're looking for individuals who are motivated to grow and shape the UK bank, and who will thrive in a flexible working culture within a dynamic and diverse office environment, making the most of what Birmingham has to offer.
Financial Crime Compliance aligns current activities within Global Risk and helps to build these into a more integrated framework to conduct Customer Due Diligence which enables HSBC to manage financial crime risk more effectively. It builds stronger controls to improve the way Financial Crime Compliance risks are managed in order to spot gaps as well as trends so that the team can take action. It proactively gathers and analyses financial intelligence in a smart way so that suspicious transactions, activities or connections can be identified and we can adequately protect our customers from the threat of financial crime.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of AML Transaction Monitoring Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Support the Head of TM in establishing and maintaining the UK Strategic direction for Transaction Monitoring, across all geographies and LOBs in HSBC UK
- Support the Head of TM with the governance of TM control, ensuring that proposed changes or new TM capabilities support the overall AML goals
- Help to provide advisory support to the UK Head of AML, LoBs and other FCC Functions
- Provide guidance to the AML and FCC Senior Leadership team and other related FCC functions across HSBC UK in supporting TM activity as part of Global Standards
- Help to form recommendations and provide guidance (both at a strategic and operational level) that are required to ensure the effectiveness of TM monitoring controls
- Use expertise and experience to help to drive the direction of functional, geographic reports in the delivery of AML Transaction Monitoring
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Relevant product knowledge
- Strong understanding of how TM control mitigates FCC Risk and the various underpinning activities forming the TM programme.
- Experience working in relevant environments, i.e. extensive working knowledge of all aspects of TM controls (at strategic and operational level), gained within large financial banks
- Excellent spoken, written communication, and presentation skills, inter-personal skills and dealing with Stakeholders at all levels
We are required by the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act 2013 to create a ring-fenced bank in the UK by 1 January 2019. Entirely new from the ground up, HSBC UK's head office is opening in Birmingham. The location of this role will move to our new state of the art offices at 2 Arena Central during 2018.
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an on-going basis.
This role has been designated as a Enhanced Vetting Role.
For further details and application information please click 'Apply' or visit our careers site, searching under reference 0000974W.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures and live by our values of being dependable, open and connected. HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75370832