Role: QSHE Manager
Salary: 50K + Car Allowance and Bonus
Location: Nationwide – Ideally commutable to Liverpool, Coventry or Exeter
At Ace Recruitment we specialise in the Waste Management and Recycling Sector. We offer bespoke waste management recruitment solutions and provide an excellent service for our candidates. Ace Recruitment offers a range of Waste management jobs and positions all the way up to Director level, not only for permanent positions but also for temporary waste management and contract jobs too.
An established, growing company offering a range of Waste Management and Industrial Services across the UK.
Purpose and Responsibilities
Ace Recruitment is currently looking for a QSHE Manager to join their leading hazardous Waste and Industrial Services Company. The role of the Group QSHE Manager is to manage a team of regional QSHE Advisors and Apprentice QSHE Coordinator to oversee quality, health & safety and environmental services ensuring a high standard of support to Future Industrial Services operations nationally.
Working closely with senior management, you will report back all QSHE Matters and act as the main point of contact for the company for all communications with enforcement authorities. You will ensure ISO accreditations are maintained and gained where needed, ensure comprehensive and robust risk assessment are in place across the board and ensured all operations are conducted within EA Permits.
- Manage transition of current ISO accreditations to 2015 versions by September 2018
- Introduce UKAS standard across the board.
- Ensure all records required under ISO standards are maintained, up to date and reviewed regularly
- Ensure integrated management system is in place that covers all sites
- Ensure distribution of QHSE procedures as required
- Ensure maintenance of QHSE associated accreditations such as Achilles, UVDB, Safe-contractor and any others as required
- Ensure adequacy/conformity of PPE provision across all tasks
- Ensure all adverse events – accidents, incidents, near misses – are reported in accordance with publicised procedures and promptly investigated to determine root causes; recommendations are made and followed through the CAPA process
- Ensure non-conformities are recorded and investigated to determine cause and followed through the CAPA process
- Ensure fire risk assessments and fire and emergency plans are fit for purpose across all sites
- Ensure management asbestos surveys are carried out as required
- Carry out planned and unannounced workplace QHSE inspections to ensure compliance with above
- A minimum of 5 years within the Waste Management, Environmental or Industrial Services Sector
- A minimum of 2 years in a Health and Safety focussed position in the Waste, Recycling or Industrial Services.
- A background in Chemicals and Hazardous Substances.
- Experience in EA Permitting
- ISO Accreditations – 9001, 14001
- Relevant Qualifications - NEBOSH, IOSH
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Driving License is Essential
Candidates without the mentioned experience will not be considered for this position. Please read the specification carefully to avoid disappointment.
By applying for this position, the job seeker, authorise Ace Recruitment to represent you to clients and seek work on your behalf.
Due to a high volume of applications we can only make contact with successful applicants.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75371008