Subject Matter Expert
Act as a Subject Matter Expert as part of our Contact Centre working collaboratively across Severn Trent to deliver expert knowledge and insight into our customer process and business issues. Driving customer centric focus to deliver improved customer experience through change. Undertake specialist designated activity, requiring higher technical skills, focused on business priorities. Act as an escalation point and point of reference for your team. Working for and with customers, resolving their queries.
* Key ownership and accountability to manage critical elements of ODI focus ( Water Quality ); managing high impact customer issues and actions which require specialist knowledge. Driving understanding and awareness of Water Quality within Front line contacts and liaising with STW teams to progress complex WQ issues
* Provide expert knowledge of business processes, products and procedures; customer requirements and priorities to shape change programmes - ensuring delivery of an efficient customer centric solution.
* Delivering customer service of the highest standard, working to deliver the job right first time, every time.
* Communicating with customers to clearly and concisely explain business and regulatory process and provide any advice required.
* Respond to customer service issues / queries that are raised and, taking ownership of the issue, escalating to the appropriate person/team where relevant.
* Present a professional image at all times, particularly when dealing with customers.
* Lead by example and promote a safe working environment whilst ensuring quality standards are met.
* Work collaboratively as a Subject Matter Expert with other STW departments and our transformation colleagues to ensure customer focused change.
* Ensure active relationships with Transformation and wider stakeholder group.
* Continually drive and participate in the implementation of change within the department through lean processes. * Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
* Responsible for the early identification of process inefficiencies and customer improvement opportunities.
* Responsible for the completion of work scheduled at the highest standard, working to deliver the job right first time, every time.
* Exercise good judgment / balance in terms of the risk / impact to our customers, relative to the activity in hand, and to ensure compliance with our statutory, regulatory and company standards at all times. * Working to local performance targets and KPI's.
* Take part in daily team discussions to focus on continual Improvement, and share best practice/lessons learned using the problem solving tools and techniques.
Essential * IT literate - able to use MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel in a working environment. * Experience working with customers. Desirable * Specific water industry knowledge and experience * Knowledge of the Customer Operational Service Centre.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complicated technical messages in a simple way. * Ability to work directly with customers.
* Maintain a positive outlook at work, remain flexible and accept new ideas and change initiatives.
* Problem solving skills with the ability to investigate problems and interpret findings clearly * Ability to make decisions and assess work required to solve a problem.
* Accuracy skills to be able to record data correctly.
* Ability to work well as part of a team but also alone using own initiative.
* GCSE's or equivalent in English and Maths at grade C or above
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75384433