Structural / Civil Engineer - Buildings
BUIDLING ENGINEER (STRUCTURAL & CIVIL)
Location - Solihull, West Midlands
Package - Salary Up to £40,000 - £58,000 plus benefits
A leading automotive company, founded over 60 years ago, with iconic brands and distinctive hallmarks, is looking to recruit a Senior Planner to join their team, during an exciting period of opportunity and expansion.
The AME team are looking to replace an existing engineering position, so as to ensure the robust development of new project proposals, designs concepts and programmes from Strategic Intent with controlled maturity throughout the entire project lifecycle on our production facilities.
This will be a critical management, expertise and stakeholder relationship role within the business.
The role will be West Midlands based and it will be necessary for the successful candidate to visit other UK sites from time to time, and attend key meetings so as to offer support, facilitate new process and standards embedment, monitor compliance, whilst ensuring contextual feedback and learning is absorbed back in to business systems.
- You will plan and manage structural and civil engineering projects carried out on site across all production facilities.
- Meet with stakeholders to establish a project brief and agree a method of works.
- Establish and maintain expert client relations.
- Establish a robust timing plan for individual packages of works, and demonstrate how these will fit in around normal activities.
- Liaise with relevant staff to ensure that all necessary parties are notified of the works.
- Control works on site, through regular visits and audits.
- Represent the AME Construction department at meetings, and provide educated opinion when required.
- Assist all members of the AME Construction team and the company as a whole in enabling the producing of world class automotive products.
- Control the finances on a project, through initially negotiating with contractors during tendering and through regular financial reviews during a job.
- Create tender packs and specifications, detailing work expected, the quality of the work, and the desired timing plans.
- Liaise with contractors throughout a project life cycle to discuss technical matters and support the contractor in completing the works required.
- Ensure at all times that the work being completed will not affect the rate of quality of the cars being produced.
- Control safety on site through promoting a safety culture, liaising with the contractors and controlling pressure from external parties. Help to avoid, and rectify conflict situations by maintaining a constant and fair pressure on all jobs under the area's management.
- Lead the Structural and Civil Engineering team to build, construct and facilitate, both new and existing facilities for making cars
- Development of plans to support/inform/substantiate new project proposals and leading production of project performance data and KPI's
- Accountable for the robustness and accuracy of business unity budget to forecast performance.
- Develop structural and civil engineering strength and capability within the team, and provide guidance, ensuring coordination and validation of project design and planning reporting
- Managing projects procured by either standard terms and conditions or formal JCT contracts.
Skills, experience and qualifications
Qualified to degree level and working in a similar environment, and beneficial being a member of a recognised civil and structural engineering body / institution, and being asbestos awareness trained
- Track record of delivering civil and structural engineering services and solutions to complex projects.
- Understands current demands and trends from the market within civil and structural engineering management
- Ability to lead and give technical direction to a diverse collaborative group, the successful candidate will be expected to take a leading role in many forums, representing the interests of manufacturing whilst balancing the requirements for product development, business profitability and the delivery of solutions.
- Applicants should be assertive, and able to demonstrate confident negotiation, communication & analytical skills, together with awareness of the business environment.
- A full appreciation of Planning, Building Regulations, Environmental, Health and Safety and general building legislation
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, and membership of a competitive pension plan.
Please email James Shepherd at Recruit Build attaching a current CV to apply.
Please note that every effort will be made to contact all applicants, however due to the high volume in candidate applications if you have not had a response to your submission within 10 days please assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75387854