Senior Process Design Engineer
About the Role
We are looking for ambitious and experienced Senior Process or Process Design Engineers to join our growing team here at Severn Trent In this position, you'll ensure we make the optimum design choices for our water/wastewater projects by providing technical expertise and evaluating decisions and clearly identifying process risks and benefits to whole life cost and low carbon effects. You'll be involved in all stages of the work, from feasibility through specification and outline and detailed design to commissioning planning and post-project appraisal. You will assess data to identify options, including seeking out innovation and assessing process risk. As a Technical Expert, you will support junior members of the team where necessary. You will need to seek out innovative solutions to the process challenges we face and you will be expected to work with suppliers and contractors to reach the best solution. You will be expected to attend and present at conferences
Some of the key projects we are undertaking include:
* Large scale refurbishment of coagulation, clarification and filtration processes at all of our major water treatment works (over £80m of investment)
* 26 UV treatment schemes at groundwater sites across the whole Severn Trent region
* A variety of Water Treatment Works waste stream improvement projects at a number of our largest sites
* Determining waste and water treatment processes Severn Trent need to build over the next 10 years
* Working on a wastewater capital programme of quality and capital maintenance across the Severn Trent region, from works replacement, new build to works upgrade, on sites ranging from less than 10 population treated to 1.8 million population
* Companywide programme of advanced sludge treatment
* Working to achieve a potential bonus of by delivering extra Outcome Delivery Incentives on Phosphorous and Ammonia This role will be based out of one of our Warwick, Derby or Telford offices.
You will have significant experience and in depth knowledge of Water and/or Wastewater process technology, preferably including process design experience, and a commercial awareness for retaining company information and gathering new potential process options. Knowledge of the regulatory system and financial processes relevant to the capital delivery processes essential and you must have the ability to be the process lead on projects. A good level of IT skills are required to be able to use modeling tools, manipulate spreadsheets and produce technical reports as will good presentation skills. We are seeking candidates that are educated to at least degree level (or equivalent) in an appropriate subject; e.g. Process design, chemical engineering, environmental or similar scientific/engineering qualifications, preferably with or working towards, full, Membership status of an appropriate professional body (eg, CIWEM, IChemE, IMechE ICE etc). A full UK driving licence is required as the role will require travel within the Severn Trent Water region.
Everyday Severn Trent Water delivers 1.8 billion litres of water to 8 million customers and treats 1.4 billion litres of waste water through a network of pipes, sewers and drains long enough to circle the earth twice. Process Design Engineering are part of the wider dynamic Treatment process team, which will allow successful candidates the chance to explore roles in other areas such as on site water and waste process advice and commissioning, Biology, resolving longstanding customer issues and working with many other teams within the business.
Be part of the future of our company. In return, we offer some excellent rewards including 28 days holiday, Life Assurance, Pension with a company contribution of twice your personal contribution rate up to a maximum of 15%, Sharesave Scheme as well as Flexible benefits such as buying/selling holiday and discounted retail vouchers at competitive rates plus a performance reward scheme that lets you earn a great bonus if we do a truly awesome job meeting all our targets.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75387516