Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality (HSEQ) Manager
My client is a leading company in their field and part of a well renowned global group. They manufacture and maintain a range of cargo handling automated solutions and services to Seaports, Airports, terminals and distribution centres thoughout the UK and Ireland.
Due to growth within the business, they are working exclusively with me to recruit a Health Safety Environmental & Quality (HSEQ) Manager to join the business in a brand new role. Reporting directly into the MD, you will have a great deal of autonomy in driving HSEQ process improvement and development within the business and have real opportunity to make a difference and make this role your own. You will also be responsible for the review, development and implementation of the companies HSEQ Management Systems in accordance with ISO 9001; ISO 14001 Health & Safety Legislation.
This is a highly influential, active and visible role requiring excellent relationship building and influencing skills.
This position has the option to be home based as you will spend your time between the Head office site near Shrewsbury, Shropshire and at a variety of client sites throughout the UK and Ireland.
- Provide general Health & Safety advice specific to the business needs and continuosly advising on safe systems of work.
- Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming Health and Safety legislation and ensure the business has systems and procedures in place to meet legal compliance.
- Develop Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality strategies and to maintain Company polices and procedures.
- Carry out internal and external site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented and adhered to.
- Carrying out risk assessments and regular audits ensuring that all documentation are up to date.
- Developing and maintaining quality management system in compliance with ISO 9001.
- Increasing Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality awareness to Managers and employees with training techniques and coaching sessions including inductions
- Managing reporting and investigation procedures for accidents/incidents to establish root cause and preventative measures required as well as producing and analysing statistics.
- Communicating various findings and to assist in the development of localised improvements plans.
- Ensuring Managers are focused on delivering a safe working environment, providing the necessary management support and technical advice as required.
- Complete weekly/monthly management reports for submission to Group/Management teams.
- Full responsibility for Company preparations for annual H&S audits and Quality Assurance
- Ensure that appropriate records are maintained in compliance with legal requirements, e.g. COSHH, and nescessary notices are displayed and reviewed.
- Conduct occupational health and safety related surveys e.g. noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and makes associated recommendations.
- Work in partnership with global HSEQ colleagues to implement projects and initatives
- At least 3 years previous experience in a similar HSEQ management role within a medium/large engineering organisation (heavy engineering experience would be advatageous)
- Experience and knowledge of Quality Standard ISO 9001
- Experience of driving a HSEQ focused culture
- Experience of delivering training sessions
- Experience and undestansding of Ireland Safety,Health and Welfare legislation woule be advantageous
- NEBOSH Diploma or Certifocate (Essential)
- First Aid Basic Certificate
- Environmental Management SystemsQualification (prefered)
- HND or Foundation Degree/Degree levelqualified (preferred)
As well as a fantastic opportunity to really make your mark within a Global Group, my client offers a generous salary of £45,,000 (dependant on experience and qualifications), a car allowance of up to £7800 and a generous benefits package including medical insurance and pension. The closing date for applications is 11th August, so if this role is of interest please submit your CV before this date.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75378213