A fast growing household retail business is recruiting an Transport Manager to oversee their distribution operation in the West Midlands.
As the Logistics Manager you will oversee the end to end supply chain operation, whilst developing the distribution arm of the business, enabling it sustain a significant period of growth. You will be required to maximise the performance of the operation by directing the daily, weekly and monthly activities; providing leadership, motivation, training and development of the workforce, executing against customer requirements, operational performance and embedding a people focused culture.
The role will also have the following responsibilities:
- Implement and manage resource planning across the Site
- Lead and develop the Site Team
- Investigate / implement company initiatives, in order to drive value for the Customer
- Look at achieving costs and efficiency for the customer and service
- Strategic management and planning
- Provide team members with regular performance feedback including robust year-end evaluations
- Support development priorities by providing on-the-job development activities/training programs for immediate team members
- Coaching individuals to increase performance
The ideal Transport Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in leading a business through a significant period of growth
- Significant experience in managing a fast paced and complex transport operation
- Experience within a 2 man delivery operation would be advantageous
- Proven track record of planning and forecasting
- Communicates openly, motivates and inspires, creates a positive work environment, manages team performance, sets a good example for the team. Provide constructive feedback in a clear manner
- Develops effective relationships, treats others respect, demonstrates sensitivity to diversity, harnesses difference, fosters positive workplace relationships
- Provides employees, colleagues and business partners with candid and regular feedback, provides employees with development opportunities, supports employees with career opportunities, inspires others to develop themselves
My client is a leading household retailer, currently going through a significant period of growth.
For any queries, please contact Abdul Walid on 0121 2602561 or on
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75393256